Friday, August 3, 2012

The top ten Nostalgic Cartoons (follow up)


Top 10 nostalgic cartoons: The follow up
After I finished my original top ten nostalgic cartoons list, my friends and family suggested that I talked less about the anime shows that I grew up watching on Toonami, and instead focus more on the actual cartoons. So that’s what I plan to do with this list. Now the same rule from the last countdown is still in effect: the show did not need to be good, just bring a lot of childhood memories 
 for me.

10. Reboot
Most people might not remember this show when they first see it, the CG is very old but the character development is still good. The premise was of what really goes on inside a computers mainframe, are there tiny worlds inside the computer chips? Did you know that the studio that made this also made Beast Wars as well?

9. Tom and Jerry
The ever-dueling cat and mouse Tom and Jerry have made a living of making each other’s lives a living hell. I still find it amazing of how funny a show like this could be with just orchestrated music and sound effects.

8. Two Stupid Dogs
 This is really a show about two stupid dogs that make no sense at all. So the one thing that I always remember about this show is this. 

7. Cat-Dog
…..yah this list is full of idiotic shows, but we were kids and we loved all that crazy stupid stuff. But the one question I can think of now when I watch is……..how to they go….number 2?

6. Ed, Edd, and Eddy

5. Dexter’s Lab
I used to love watching this show because of the inventions Dexter would make, only to be completely totaled by Dede in a few seconds.

4. Courage the Cowardly Dog
Man this show was funny, I always loved the campy nature of the villains and of course the iconic AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and “Stupid Dog” 

3. Codename: Kids Next Door
I bet every kid when they were little always wanted to rebel against their adults and the “evil” teenagers. The show was cool and all but…….how the hell does a kids organization have a moon base and we don’t yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_PIeBoZ3_s&feature=related

2. Thundercats

1. Samurai Jack
This little known cartoon had style,grace, and a whole lot of fighting.

No comments: